Posted 16, 2021
Mendham Golf & Tennis Club
Due to the retirement, Mendham Golf and Tennis Club has an opportunity for a part time payroll and accounts payable team member. The position permits a flexible work schedule. The following is a general description of the position:
Final review on all payroll time records, assuring that each employee is recorded
Prepares, reviews for accuracy and processes bi-weekly payroll
Maintains time and attendance, absentee, leave, vacation, and sick leave reports.
Interacts with all department heads to assure accuracy before day of processing.
Assures that all HR paperwork is in order and properly stored.
Assist other employees with benefit forms and information to quickly resolve issues.
Maintains and safeguards employee files.
Processes bi-weekly payroll funds and 401K transfers timely
Maintains all related worksheets, payroll hours/earning, monthly payroll journal
entry, monthly medical journal entry etc.
Securely maintains all HR related information.
Accounts payable functions
Audit vendor invoices, assures that all invoices have been approved for payment by the
Accurately posts invoices to proper accounts.
Processes all invoices for final payment, providing checks with supporting
documentation for signature.
Interacts with department heads to manage all credit memos to assure that no
incorrect charges are paid.
Reconciles vendor statements to assure that all invoices are accounted for.
Maintains approved vendor list with contact information.
Maintains neat orderly and up to date files.
Maintains equipment contact files and warranty agreements.
Contact’s office equipment repair service when needed.
Compiles and maintains credit applications for vendors.
Accurately maintains, review, print, mail information regarding all 1099 filings
Other responsibilities as assigned by General Manager.
Interested candidates should email their resume to Joe Kelly, General Manager. His email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted April 13, 2021
Knickerbocker Country Club
I. Position - 2021
Payroll, HR and Accounts Payable
II. Job Summary
Manage employee time records, files, benefits, and maintains all necessary HR reporting. Maintain accurate records of accounts payable. Reconcile accounts payable with invoices, and expense reports. Issue payments to all vendors in a timely manner.
III. Job Tasks
V. Reports to
Controller/General Manager/Asst. General Manager
No supervisory duties are included in this position.
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hand or arms, stand and walk.
The employee must have close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), and ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus).
The employee is occasionally at risk of electrical shock.
Posted April 8, 2021
Fairview Country Club, CT
Front Desk Supervisor
Fairview is a country club based in Greenwich, CT, that offers its employees an opportunity to gain experience and grow their knowledge in the country club industry.
Fairview Country Club is a traditional private club established in 1904 with close to 400 members and is known for the great service and care taken with members and associates alike. Our club facilities boast a 120,000 sq. ft. clubhouse with four distinct dining facilities, 18-hole Robert Trent Jones Golf Course known throughout the area for its picturesque surroundings, 12 tennis courts, 3 paddle tennis courts, swimming pool, zero entry kiddy pool & a fitness facility. We believe each employee is responsible, empowered and involved in creating pride and joy in the workplace and a work environment of teamwork and creativity to benefit the members and their guests.
We are looking for a Front Desk Supervisor to manage the Front Desk and respond to all Member’s and their guest’s requests. The ideal candidate will be warm, attentive and have the appropriate social skills for guest interaction. Dependability is a must in this member service role. Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, late evenings and holidays is a must. Compensation commensurate with experience and meals provided during shifts.
Fairview Country Club is based in Greenwich, Connecticut. Located approximately 36 miles outside of New York City, Greenwich has a rich history that dates back before the American Revolution. In modern times, it was home to more notable families such as the Rockefellers and Gimbels. Greenwich experiences the best of every season, has a natural beauty with its lush landscapes, and various beaches overlooking the Sound.
Why Should You Apply?
Please send your resumes to email@example.com
Posted March 22, 2021
The Ridge at Back Brook is an exclusive, private golf club located in Ringoes, NJ. The Club is looking to fill the position of Accounting Manager.
Position Title: Accounting Manager Position reports directly to Club ownership
Position Summary and Responsibilities: This position will oversee the financial activities of the Club including all accounting functions and record keeping of all club operations. This includes accounts payable and receivables, payroll, monthly financial statements, budgets as well as all Human Resource matters that may arise.
Key Experience and Skills:
Salary between $60,000 and $70,000 with health/dental insurance benefits.
Resumes should be emailed to JMoore@TheridgeGC.com
Posted February 23, 2021
GLEN RIDGE COUNTRY CLUB
Established in 1894, Glen Ridge Country Club is recognized as one of the longest thriving private golf clubs in New Jersey. We have paired the elegance of a classic golf and country club with a family-friendly atmosphere to provide our members, their families, friends, and guests with a place to create memories and traditions.
We are seeking an engaging and professional Staff Accountant to join our team during this exciting time and gain experience working with all aspects of Club operations. This position would be responsible for reconciling bank and general ledger accounts, posting journal entries and maintaining AP, AR and payroll. Process daily transactions with vendors and customers, while continuing to provide support in financial reporting and the month end close process. We will accept entry level applicants seeking employment after college. This position is full-time.
· Maintain the Club’s A/R and A/P
· Perform daily reconciliation of General Ledger and Bank Accounts
· Maintain daily, weekly and monthly journal entries
· Maintain other schedules such as Pre-Paids, Payroll, Capital Leases, etc.
· Responsible for running sales tax reports and paying monthly/quarterly Sale and Use Tax
· Assist in Member, Reciprocal Club and Non-Member Billings
· Assist in the annual Audit process
· Perform End-of-Day reporting/processes for POS activity
· Interact with Members to resolve account disputes
· Produce various financial management reports
· Produce year-end 1099s
· 1-3 years of Accounting experience in a relevant role,
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, Economics, and/or a related field
· Strong knowledge of Excel (PivotTables, V-Lookups, Macros)
· Proficiency and recent experience with Jonas Club Software a plus
· Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
· Ability to work in a team as well as independently
· Ability to execute, follow-up, and ensure attention to detail
· Adept at building relationships across the organization
· Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask
· High degree of dedication to improvement and strong sense of ownership
The successful candidate will receive a professional employment offer including:
· Base Salary based on qualification and experience
· Health, Dental & Life Insurance Programs
· Free meals while on duty
Cover letters & resumes should be sent to:
Chief Financial Officer
Posted February 10, 2021
FAIRMOUNT COUNTRY CLUB
Position Title: Accounts Receivable/Billing Specialist
Reports to: Controller
Fairmount Country Club, founded in 1958, is a private, member-only club. The club features an 18-hole golf course, driving range, golf and racquet pro shops, tennis courts, paddle courts, swimming pool and a clubhouse where regularly scheduled social events are held. It is a year-round family-oriented country club located in Chatham, NJ.
· Associate degree preferred, not required
· Experience with billing and accounts receivable and/or member/customer service
· Strong PC/software skills, including Excel, Word, Outlook
· Knowledge of Jonas Club Management a plus
· Strong and pleasant communication skills
· Ability to work fluidly with department managers and other staff
· Ability to multi-task
· Attain/maintain an in-depth working knowledge of Jonas system (Membership & POS)
· Maintain all member records and accounts
· Process monthly dues and fees billings
· Prepare and email and/or mail monthly member statements
· Receive and reconcile payments on account via checks and ACH payments
· Advise Controller and/or Treasurer about delinquent accounts and send/post delinquency notices
· Resolve and respond to member billing inquiries in a timely manner
· Post account adjustments as needed
· Process member status changes
· Process and track banquet and event invoices and billings
· Review and file tax exemption certificates for outside functions
· Process reciprocal club billings
· Audit inventories and receipt of goods on a test basis
· Track and collect rents from employees
· Update and/or print daily sales and other revenue reports as requested
· Process and maintain gift certificate log; reconcile with accounting records
· Assist with other tasks in the Administrative/Accounting Department and other areas if needed
· Attend departmental and club training meetings and other training sessions
· Complete other appropriate assignments requested by the Controller
Hours and Benefits
This is a full-time, 35-40 hours per week, typically Monday thru Friday. Eligible benefits include
health & dental insurance, 401(k) with match, life and disability insurance, holiday fund.
Please send cover letter & resumé to
David J. Kile, CHAE
Posted Jan 27, 2021
Position Title: Accounting/Finance Administrative position
The Ridgewood Country Club
Reports To: The Controller and Assistant Controller
Ridgewood Country Club is an exclusive club in Paramus, NJ featuring a world-class 27-hole golf course, restaurants, racquets programs, and a brand new 25-yard pool and splash pad. We are in search of a member for our Accounting/Finance/HR team. This individual will be exposed to nearly all facets of the workings of these functions at the Club.
Position responsibilities will include:
This position will work closely with the Controller and Assistant Controller on Special Projects such as Facility Master Plan budgeting and tracking and also outside events like a USGA Amateur event in a future year. Expect a face-paced, can-do atmosphere.
This is a full-time, 35-40 hours per week position, Monday-Friday. Outstanding benefits include health, dental, vision, Safe Harbor 401(k), life, long-term disability, Christmas Fund. Position will be temp to permanent, hourly initially and then salaried after probationary period.
Please send cover letter and resume to Controller, Alyson Llerandi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted Jan 27, 2021
THE CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER OPPORTUNITY
BRAE BURN COUNTRY CLUB
An amazing opportunity exists for candidates with a successful track-record of leadership and exceptional financial operations management in private clubs. We are conducting the Chief Financial Officer search for Brae Burn Country Club, a prestigious member-owned club in Purchase, New York which is in Westchester County and a relatively short commute to New York City. This is an opportunity to serve as the right hand to the COO/General Manager, with a focus on creating value and ensuring financial strength and operational efficiency.
BRAE BURN COUNTRY CLUB
Located in the heart of New York’s prestigious Westchester County, Brae Burn Country Club has been a cherished part of the community since its founding in 1964. Today, its beautifully renovated interiors and elegantly landscaped grounds continue to offer a setting of unparalleled grace for private and corporate events as well as a rich array of activities for members.
In addition to an active food and beverage program, the club offers a championship, 18-hole golf course with a history of hosting multiple tournaments including the multiple Westchester Opens and local and sectional U.S. Open qualifying tournaments. The club also has 11 Har-Tru tennis courts, an expansive pool overlooking the golf course and a state-of-the-art fitness center.
BRAE BURN COUNTRY CLUB MISSION STATEMENT
“To create a home away from home for the members and guests.”
BRAE BURN COUNTRY CLUB BY THE NUMBERS:
• 311 members
• $9.5 Gross annual Income
• 57 is the average member age
• 160 total employees in season
BRAE BURN COUNTRY CLUB WEBSITE: www.braeburncc.org
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER OVERVIEW
Direct the financial operations of the club. Supervise the accounting functions and directly assist the Chief Operating Officer/GM on all strategic matters relating to budget management, cost-benefit analysis, forecasting needs and internal control. Develop policies to control and coordinate accounting, auditing, budgets, taxes and related activities and records; develop, establish and administer procedures and systems pertaining to financial matters. Prepare financial statements, forecasts and analyses for all administrative and managerial functions. Maintain all accounting records; develop, analyze and interpret statistical and accounting information. Evaluate operating results for costs, revenues, budgets, policies of operation, trends and increased profit possibilities. Serve as liaison to the finance committee. Supervise the staffing, scheduling, training and professional development of department members.
The Chief Financial Officer reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer/GM, and supervises the Accounts Payable Clerk, the Accounts Receivable Clerk and the Admin Office Staff.
• Always convey a professional attitude and demeanor towards Club and team members.
• Always treat Club and team members with the utmost respect and dignity.
• Always maintain a positive attitude and look for positive outcomes in all opportunities.
• Embodies the persona of ultimate coach and motivator. Must be able to bring out the best in those around him/her by setting clear goals and expectations, providing consistent feedback and support, and who is respectful and professional in all interpersonal dealings.
• Maintain open channels of communication and be receptive to all departments and staff members.
• Write effectively and concisely.
• Convey oral messages clearly and succinctly.
• Actively participate in all meetings.
• Ensure that the information needed to proficiently operate the club is disseminated and understood.
• Exhibit sound time management and organizational skills.
• Ensure the supplies needed to operate are properly stocked.
• Produce financial reports in a timely manner according to schedule.
• Prepare accurate and timely financial packets for monthly Finance Committee meetings.
• Participate in leading the annual budgeting process with department leaders.
• Follow all club policies and procedures as outlined in the handbook.
• Ensure all departments are compliant with state/local/federal laws and that workplaces are safe.
• Responsible for Brae Burn Country Club finance department including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and all associated reporting.
• Directs or prepares the monthly trial balance and resulting financial statements for the club, including the income statement, balance sheet and statement of changes in financial condition, along with required supporting schedules and other data necessary for financial reports and records.
• Prepares operating budgets and financial forecasts in coordination with the various committees, departments and Chief Operating Officer/GM analyzes financial information, monitors budgeted versus actual expenditures and advises management about variances and their potential causes; recommends corrective actions to help assure that budget goals are met.
• Reconciles monthly ledgers including receivables, payables, bank and other asset accounts, and wage accounts.
• Prepares accounting reports as necessary and appropriate for dissemination to the board of directors, executive committee and other club committees.
• Prepares or supervises preparation of applicable federal, state and local tax returns.
• Formulates, receives and recommends policy proposals relating to accounting and auditing, the budget, revenue and cost control procedures, preparation and payment of payrolls, tax matters, compilation of statistics and office methods and procedures.
• Manages and conducts internal auditing programs to help assure that records are accurately maintained and that established policies and practices are satisfactorily and consistently followed.
• Works with the club’s external auditors to assure that procedures are consistent with club policies.
• Directs, may participate in and verifies the taking of inventories for beverages, food, supplies, equipment, furnishings and other club assets.
• Verifies that all insurance records for club property are properly maintained.
• Informs and advises other department heads about the financial aspects of their responsibilities.
• Selects, trains, supervises, schedules and evaluates accounting staff.
• Attends monthly board, finance committee and other meetings as required.
• Oversees member billing and collection procedures.
• Compiles, approves and maintains credit applications for vendors.
• Maintains fixed asset ledgers and prepares depreciation schedules for monthly entries.
• Audits all cash and charge expenditures.
• Safeguards all funds in bank accounts; assures that revenues are properly and correctly deposited and supervises the drawing of all checks.
• Monitors collection of past due accounts advises Chief Operating Officer/GM and board when difficult situations may arise.
• Interacts with the club’s external accounting firm and its auditors as necessary.
• Monitors accounts receivable and acts according to established club policies and procedures.
• Prepares a full report of the year’s financial operations for presentation at the annual meeting.
• Works with the Chief Operating Officer/GM and department heads to plan and manage capital budgets and cash flow statements.
• Manages, reviews, suggests and monitors changes in the automated financial management and accounting system.
• Reconciles bank statements.
• Maintains necessary procedures for confidentiality relating to club and employee issues.
• Negotiates and acquires property and casualty insurance to protect the club’s assets.
• Experience supervising a staff/team of accountants, bookkeepers, and HR/payroll professionals.
• Proven ability to work independently, as well as, within a team environment.
• Demonstrated strong organization skills, attention to detail and ability to adapt to various situations/needs quickly.
• Demonstrated strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to follow through on commitments and meet deadlines.
• Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment.
• Strong proficiency in JONAS club software for finance and accounting
• Team-oriented, easy to work with, and good-humored.
• Experience working through financial intricacies of club renovations a plus.
EDUCATIONAL AND CERTIFICATION QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; preferably with concentration in business or administration with accounting major or minor and coursework in financial analysis and auditing.
• Five to seven years of professional accounting experience with at least three of those years at the Controller level or equivalent in a club operation.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary is open and commensurate with qualifications and experience. The club offers an excellent benefits package including professional development.
INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO APPLY
Please upload your resume and cover letter, in that order, using the link below. You should have your documents fully prepared to be attached when prompted for them during the online application process.
Preparing a thoughtful cover letter of interest and alignment with the above noted expectations and requirements is necessary. Your letter should be addressed to Mr. Stuart O’Connor, General Manager/COO of Brae Burn Country Club, and clearly articulate why you want to be considered for this position at this stage of your career and why Brae Burn Country Club and the Purchase, NY area will be beneficial to you, your family and the Club if selected.
You must apply for this role as soon as possible but no later than Friday, February 5, 2021. Interviews will occur in February with a selection before the end of the month.
IMPORTANT: Save your resume and letter in the following manner:
“Last Name, First Name - Resume” &
“Last Name, First Name - Cover Letter – BBCC”
(These documents should be in Word or PDF format)
Note: Once you complete the application process for this search, you are not able to go back in and add additional documents.
Click here to upload your resume and cover letter.
If you have any questions, please email Patty Sprankle: email@example.com
Len Simard, Search Executive
Michelle A. Riklan, Search Executive